Terms and Conditions
Last Modified: May 2020
These Terms and Conditions May Change
THIS SITE IS OFFERED AND AVAILABLE TO USERS WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the U.S. or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
The information presented on or through the Site is made available solely for informational purposes. MPT uses reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site. However, the contents of the Site are subject to change without notice. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
This Site may include content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all content other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Please contact us at the contact information provided below if you have questions about the information presented on the Site.
Links to the MPT Website
All links to the MPT Website must be approved in writing by MPT.
Modifications, Interruption of Service, and Account Security
The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue this Site with or without notice to the user. The Company shall not be liable to users or any third party should the Company exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Site. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Site. The operation of our Site may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our control or through acts of God.
To access the Site or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on the Site is correct, current, and complete. You agree that all information you provide to register with this Site or otherwise is governed by our Privacy Notice.
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Reproduction, copying, or redistribution for commercial purposes of any materials or design elements on the MPT Website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of MPT. You may download, store, print, and copy selected portions of the Content of the MPT Website, provided you:
- only use the Content you download for your personal, noncommercial use or to further your business dealings with MPT;
- do not publish or post any part of the Content on any other internet site without obtaining the prior written consent of MPT;
- do not publish or broadcast any part of the Content in or on any other media without obtaining the prior written consent of MPT; and
- do not modify or alter the Content in any way or delete or modify any copyright or trademark notices or notices of confidentiality.
No right, title, or interest in the downloaded Content is transferred to you when you download Content from the MPT Website. MPT reserves all intellectual property rights in any Content you download from the MPT Website. The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Except as expressly stated above, you may not copy, download, print, publish, display, perform, distribute, transmit, transfer, translate, modify, add to, update, compile, abridge or in any other way transform or adapt all or any part of the Content of the MPT Website without first obtaining written permission from MPT.
All rights in the product names, company names, trade names, logos, and designs of all MPT or third-party products or services, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to MPT or their respective owners, and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. The use or misuse of these trademarks on any materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this site confers on you any license or right under any patent or trademark of MPT or any third party.
User Provided Information and Content
By posting or submitting content to the MPT Website, you:
- grant MPT and its affiliates and licensees an unrestricted, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, and for any purpose;
- warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by MPT will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party;
- agree that you will not post or submit to the MPT Website any content that is defamatory, threatening, obscene, harassing, or otherwise unlawful in any respect;
- acknowledge that all non-personal information contained in your message, including feedback data, such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (collectively “Feedback”) will be considered to be non-confidential. MPT shall have no obligations of any kind with respect to such Feedback, and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, commercialize, create derivative works, and distribute the Feedback to others without limitation. Further, MPT shall be free to use any ideas, inventions, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products incorporating such Feedback.
Disclaimer Of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ALL CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE MPT WEBSITE, AND ANY ADVICE OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. MPT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, OR CORRECT; THAT THE MPT WEBSITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE WEB CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THE MPT WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THESE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MPT, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, RELATED COMPANIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, PARTNERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE, ANY CONTENTS ON THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, AND LOSS OF DATA. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF MPT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, MPT’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THAT OF OUR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
MPT is based in the United States with headquarters the State of Alabama. MPT provides this Website for use only by persons located in the United States. We make no claims that the Website or any of its content is accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Website from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Choice Of Law And Forum
Severability And Integration
MPT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of the MPT Website, with or without notice.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Site should be directed to the Company at:
Medical Properties Trust, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
1000 Urban Center Drive
Birmingham, AL 35242