MPT GROWS OUR WORKFORCE WITH A COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITY, DIVERSITY AND COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
Our priorities include providing employees with a professional development plan, a pledge to the highest ethical standards and policies that promote human rights.
To support the tremendous growth of our Company we have grown our team with the addition of nearly 30 new employees in 2020. Today, we are a team of 117 professionals that is committed to providing a challenging and dynamic work environment and to supporting professional and personal growth and development needs.
- Our commitment to protecting the rights of our employees, and to keeping them safe, is confirmed in our company-wide human rights policy and health and safety policy.
- All employees are also required to adhere to the highest ethical standards, including those confirmed in our company-wide anti-corruption and bribery policy.
- We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, steadily increasing the diversity of our workforce with an added commitment to support female leaders and working parents
- We offer a competitive benefits package and equal employment opportunities designed to help recruit and retain high-quality, motivated employees, and to ensure their health and security.
- We develop tailored professional development goals for every employee. We provide customized leadership training for employees who are moving into management roles, and we offer significant training and continuing education opportunities. We pay all expenses when employees attend continuing education courses in order to maintain their professional certifications. We also pay all expenses when employees attend seminars and workshops on topics related to their job responsibilities.
Medical Properties Trust selected as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2021.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to data privacy and security, we also conduct cybersecurity and security awareness training. This training is part of the employee onboarding process, and is scheduled quarterly for our entire workforce.
- We engage legal experts to provide training sessions on matters pertaining to (i) avoiding harassment in the workplace, (ii) Family Medical Leave Act basics, (iii) legal issues in interviewing, (iv) promoting diversity in the workplace and (v) discrimination, disability and documentation.
- As we have done periodically in the past, in 2021 we issued an anonymous, independent employee engagement survey covering 100% of employees, that covered topics such as Company culture, work environment, training and development and overall job satisfaction. The survey will be issued on an annual basis going forward. The results of the surveys will be presented to management and to the Board and will be used to assess potential human capital risks and identify opportunities for deeper employee engagement.
- We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and absolutely forbid discrimination against any person or harassment, intimidation or hostility of any kind, including on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, sexual or gender identity, age, disability, national origin, military or veteran status, retaliation or any other characteristic or conduct that may be protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We provide regular training on anti-harassment policies.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Medical Properties Trust is an equal employment opportunity employer. MPT hires, promotes and takes all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, military service or genetic information.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace is demonstrated by the following:
Report to Female Manager
Over 50 Years of Age
Under 30 Years of Age
COMPETITIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Comparison shopping for benefits? We’re proud of the package we offer:
- Top-of-the-line insurance coverages including Health, Secondary Health, Dental, Vision and Life, with individual coverage at no cost to employees
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching
- Stock awards
- Monthly Fitness Allowance for employees with gym memberships and/or training programs
- Reimbursement for concierge physician
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost to employee
- Open, collaborative workspaces
- Personnel development plan with manager to plan trainings and conferences, including off-site corporate retreats
- Additional Paid Time Off day for charitable work
MPT RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF MODERN HEALTHCARE’S BEST PLACES TO WORK
#5 Ranking the Result of High Levels of Employee Satisfaction and Confidence in Executive Management, Especially Among Millennials, Accompanies Strong Overall Ranking in Best Places to Work 2021
Medical Properties Trust (NYSE: MPW) has been ranked the fifth best place to work for Millennials among healthcare suppliers in Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work 2021, a premier award program in one of the top U.S. healthcare news publications.
“It is an honor to be ranked not only among the best places to work in healthcare but as an especially attractive destination for Millennials, and I am pleased that our world-class team has been recognized in this way,”
said Edward K. Aldag, Jr., MPT’s Chairman, President, and CEO. “Since the Company’s inception in 2003, we have worked to build a culture where employees feel empowered to contribute to meaningful work, while advancing their careers and developing skillsets. Of equal importance to us is nurturing an environment where each MPT team member feels valued and rewarded. Particularly as the pandemic has placed increased pressure on many, we have sought to support our small, tight-knit community to best balance work and home pressures. We’re proud of the work we come together to do every day, as a team, at the very heart of healthcare.”
Click here to read more.