MPT GROWS OUR WORKFORCE WITH A COMMITMENT TO EMPLOYEE OPPORTUNITY, DIVERSITY AND COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
Our priorities include providing employees with a professional development plan, a pledge to the highest ethical standards and policies that promote human rights.
To support the growth of our business in 2019, we grew our team by 15%, creating 12 new professional investment roles in the U.S. Today, we are a team of 89 professionals that is committed to providing a challenging and dynamic work environment and to supporting all professional and personal growth and development needs.
- Our commitment to protecting the rights of our employees, and to keeping them safe, is confirmed in our company-wide human rights policy and health and safety policy.
- All employees are also required to adhere to the highest ethical standards, including those confirmed in our company-wide anti-corruption and bribery policy.
- We offer a competitive benefits package and equal employment opportunities designed to help recruit and retain high-quality, motivated employees, and to ensure their health and security.
- Our hiring process includes having each candidate interview with numerous MPT employees in order to get the best feedback before offering any candidate a position. The company also retains the services of an experienced outside industrial psychologist to ensure a strong fit for both the company and the candidate. This has resulted in an excellent team that works well together.
- New team members are immediately involved in major projects for the company — participating in regular conference calls with tenants, going on site visits as each new property is underwritten individually, or working on presentations for investors and industry trade shows (to cite just a few examples). And new team members’ opinions carry weight in the decision-making process. The result is a fast track to significant healthcare experience, which is the foundation of the company’s expertise.
- We develop tailored professional development goals for every employee. We provide customized leadership training for employees who are moving into management roles, and we offer significant training and continuing education opportunities. We pay all expenses when employees attend continuing education courses in order to maintain their professional certifications. We also pay all expenses when employees attend seminars and workshops on topics related to their job responsibilities.
- Our industrial psychologist also works with each employee’s supervisor to create a personal plan for their professional growth and goal-setting, an important step that has been well received by each team member. Goals and achievements are assessed in performance reviews (and at other times, as needed) with bonuses awarded based on corporate results and individual contributions to those results.
- As part of our ongoing commitment to data privacy and security, we also conduct cybersecurity and security awareness training. This training is part of the employee onboarding process, and is scheduled quarterly for the entire MPT workforce.
- We engage legal experts to provide training sessions on matters pertaining to (i) avoiding harassment in the workplace, (ii) FMLA basics, (iii) legal issues in interviewing, (iv) promoting diversity in the workplace and (v) discrimination, disability and documentation.
- We are firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and absolutely forbid discrimination against any person or harassment, intimidation or hostility of any kind, including on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, sexual or gender identity, age, disability, national origin, military or veteran status, retaliation or any other characteristic or conduct that may be protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We provide regular training on anti-harassment policies.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
Medical Properties Trust is an equal employment opportunity employer. MPT hires, promotes and takes all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, military service or genetic information.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace is demonstrated by the following:
Report to Female Manager
Over 50 Years of Age
Under 30 Years of Age
COMPETITIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Comparison shopping for benefits? We’re proud of the package we offer:
- Top-of-the-line insurance coverages including health, secondary health, dental, vision and life—individual coverage is available at no cost to employees
- Employee Assistance Program at no cost to employee
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Open, collaborative workspaces
- Stock awards
- Personnel development plan with manager to plan trainings and conferences, including off-site corporate retreats
- Monthly fitness allowance for employees with gym memberships and/or training programs
- Additional day of paid time off annually for charitable work
- Reimbursement for concierge physician